Leaving your home is always emotional turmoil, and if you are about to enter some reverse culture, problems and merriments, both can multiply.
Advice from experience admin or international moving companies helps tons making your packing and shipping your personal effects easy. As you are moving internationally, every carton box will cost you. Therefore, you have to be cautious as well as selective during home packing. You must have been packing all essentials like clothes, books, crockery, home furnishings, and other tit-bits in sturdy cardboard boxes.
Leaving Japan is a daunting endeavor, undoubtedly.
Reconcile the below List Of Must-Do Things With Your To-Do List As It Mitigates Maximum Possible Discomfort While And After Leaving Japan:-
1) Check Your Carton Box Packages for Clothing, Electronics, Home Furnishings, Kitchenware, and More
If you are leaving soon, start sending these cartoons to your new home address via mail (sea or airways). It might take 1 to 3 months or a maximum of six months (if some unforeseen circumstances arises that cause delay) for your packages to reach your destination.
Check weight limit allowed for each box, which differs from country to country. You can hire a freight shipping company in Japan, who would get your packages delivered to the destination’s port or even your doorstep there. If you want to bring a few cases with you, there are also some domestic luggage express shipping companies in Japan who transport your luggage from your home to the airport.
2) Dispose of or Recycle Nonessentials
As you move internationally, getting rid of unwanted furniture, appliances, and other household stuff would be a sound decision. While in Japan, you can hold ‘sayonara sale’ and advertise your surplus stuff on a social networking site. This way, you can try and recoup some of your shifting expenses.
Remember: If no one takes your surplus, you would have to pay for its disposal to recycling shops or throw it as big trash. Paying recycling shops to dispose of your stuff would still be cheaper than carrying it internationally. So, think twice.
While in Japan, remember not to be tempted by toss and run strategy because you will have to bear consequences for the same.
3) Buy Ticket Homes for Your Pet/S, If Any
If you are having pets and want to take them along (now that they are your family, you don’t want to abandon them), get paperwork and flights booked for them to before you book the same for yourself.
Go through animal import requirements for your destination country too. Try and arrange an import certificate beforehand and comply with other legal livechatvalue formalities.
Make sure not to list your animals as having an economic value or be ready to pay taxes.
4) Appoint a Tax Representative and Clear You Residence Tax While In Japan
Government taxes are often your shadow to follow you around the world. It’s better to sort them out in full and final before leaving Japan for good.
Designate someone as your tax representative in Japan who will fill in and submit a tax return for you after your pension refund is credited. Additionally, s/he will pay your final residence taxes if you have been unable to pay.
Visit the resident tax office to acknowledge your dues. Now, you can put that money aside or give it to your tax representative before moving internationally. The tax receipt for your records will be mailed directly to your new residence.
5) Make sure to check for your visa, which would not be expired before leaving Japan; else, you would be permanently barred from reentering Japan.
6) To claim a pension refund and for future visa purposes, make sure to fill in the city ward form to notify officials of your moving.
7) Cancel your lease and notify your landlord to refund your deposit.
8) Make sure to close your gas, electricity, internet, bank, and water accounts. Also, surrender your insurance card.
9) Ensure furnishing the post office a forwarding address so that your post will be rerouted for the coming 12 months to your new address.
10) Close down Cell Phone Contract
It is necessary to cancel your cell phone contract, or you will have to pay the cancellation fee and your final bill before departure.
Now you are ready to bid goodbye and board your flight to a new destination. An international moving company with expertise in worldwide deliveries ensures your product’s safest delivery to other destinations overseas.